Why Specialized Pregnancy and Postpartum Fitness?
Telling you to just listen to your body isn’t enough. Telling you to just do what you’ve always done isn’t enough. Going to your 6-week postpartum appointment and being cleared for all exercise with no guidance isn’t enough. Women need more quality information and guidance through this chapter in their lives. I didn’t have it for myself, but I want to make sure it’s there for you.
The changes that your body goes through during this time is absolutely incredible, and everyone’s experience is different. That’s why almost every question you could have for me would be answered with “it depends”. There are many individual factors involved and even more important than the “what” is the “how”.
I am a mama, and having gone through it myself gives me such empathy for what you are going through. During my pregnancy and postpartum period, I had no specialized guidance and I just listened to my body. Except, I didn’t know what I was listening for. I am one of the women saying, “I wish I had known.” I have since made it my mission that no other mamas say they wish they would have known.
I have immersed myself in education surrounding athleticism and pelvic health, pregnancy, postpartum, and pelvic dysfunctions. I am always on the lookout for new information, studies, and courses surrounding all of these topics as I want to have the most current information and education out there. Pelvic floor issues may be common but they are NOT normal. If anyone tells you that peeing while jumping or running is “just what happens” after you have a baby…they are WRONG!
I work with women with diastasis recti, umbilical hernias, pelvic organ prolapse, incontinence, and more. While these have been reasons women stop working out or give into symptoms with the idea that it’s just part of being a mom, there is hope! You can absolutely keep up your active lifestyle while managing prolapse, diastasis recti, incontinence and/or symptoms. I strive to be a trusted resource, advocate, and your biggest cheerleader as we go through this journey together.
- Throughout pregnancy, we can train in a local gym (Pawtucket or Warwick, RI), your home, outdoors (weather permitting), or online.
- Once baby arrives, I screen for diastasis recti, function, and refer to a trusted pelvic floor physical therapists. If you so choose I would love to work with everyone on your team including medical practitioners, physical therapists, chiropractors, etc.. so that we are all on the same page of supporting you.
- We will work together on creating a plan to meet the needs of your body so that you can be one strong, confident woman and mama!
- For more information about working with me in person, check this out.
- For more information about working with me remotely, head on over here.
You are worth it, Mama, let’s do this together ❤️